Kids 'R' Kids Keller Preschool
If you are looking for a premier preschool in the Keller area, Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Keller offers you the clear choice for your preschooler. Our Preschool Curriculum introduces the steppingstones for a lifetime of learning, preparing your preschooler for the challenges ahead.
Our teaching team is passionate about offering support and encouragement for each child during this unique time in their life. It’s important to instill a sense of confidence and accomplishment as each child celebrates small daily successes.
Preschoolers are very intent on pursuing independence and are excited about learning and discovering new things, and our Program has been structured with that mentality in mind.
Our standards-based Preschool Curriculum is divided into weekly, theme-based units. We seek to strengthen and increase vocabularies and develop character through fun activities like Words of the Week. Your child’s developmental growth is addressed through group exercises, as well as individual skills practice to provide him with several opportunities to explore his personal interests. We also incorporate Weekly Character Connections to develop strong, positive character traits and boost self-esteem in every child.
Growing Minds, Growing Up
Upon entering preschool, the Kids ‘R’ Kids Curriculum shifts to accommodate a more scheduled routine and structure, preparing preschoolers for the academic schedules they’ll soon encounter in elementary school.
The Kids 'R' Kids of Keller Preschool Curriculum includes:
- Child-directed Learning – This allows preschoolers to process and self-regulate their own decisions
- Language, Physical, and Cognitive Development – Focuses on learning curves needed to achieve developmental milestones
- Small Group Activities – Planned for each child throughout the day
- Literacy and Writing Activities – Always age-appropriate and provided daily
- Activities and Music – To offer a healthy balance of learning and fun
- Emotional and Social Development – Learned and practiced among peers and teachers
- Planned Outdoor Activities – Promoting a healthy and active lifestyle and encouraging physical development
- Daily Enrichment Activities – Focused on encouraging imaginative and creative play
- Progress Reports – Inform parents of children’s daily accomplishments
- Decision-making Skills – Learned and practiced to support growing minds
Our Advanced Approach to Preschool
Each day at Kids `R` Kids, children spend their time exploring, learning, and accomplishing new skills. The value of "playtime" should not be underestimated in a preschool learning environment. Kids `R` Kids, through decades of working with and observing children, understands that as children work and play in well-designed learning stations, they learn to make good choices because there is purpose in their play.
Your preschooler learns critical developmental skills throughout each of our learning stations. Here are just a few examples of what each learning station offers your preschool child:
- Construction Station - Architecture, vocabulary, eye-hand coordination and cooperation
- Imagination Station - Social skills, self-confidence, and respect
- Library & Literature Station - Listening skills, word recognition and oral language skills
- Writing Station - Eye hand coordination, name recognition and self-expression
- Exploration Station - Classification, problem solving and sequencing
- Discovery Station - Experimentation, exploration and prediction
- Sensory Station - fine motor skills, measuring, and creativity
- Music & Movement Station - Listening, teamwork and patterning
As Preschool children grow through our curriculum, Kids ‘R’Kids Learning Academy of Keller implements the “Hug First, Then Teach”philosophy. With every Infant, Toddler, Preschooler, and School-Age child our staff is committed to providing the education and encouragement each child needs to succeed.